Saturday, June 19, 2010

hi-jacking hotspots

Saturday. In Nelspruit, in the east on the road to the Kruger Park, ahead of Italy v NZ tomorrow. England were shocking yesterday. Caught it in a Pretoria bar without commentary since there was a live band playing. Managed to duck the 40R cover charge. They found it hard to believe I was more interested int he footy than in the band.

Driving around one of the few differences from home are the many hijacking hotspot road signs. The first time I saw one I flooored it for the 5km it mentioned were dangerous. Now I realise I am getting a bit blase. Still, some police cars are marked exclusiovely for hijacking response.

It's truly winter in SA. Been wearing thermals even in Durban on the Indian Ocean where it's much warmer than Pretoria-Joburg which are at 1800m, the same as Kabul.
Yesterday's pulsatting USA v Slovenia was a cracker, though freezing when sitting in the shade.

Running out of Internet money.....

No comments:

Post a Comment